By Reindolf Amankwa (CTI)
Very soon fellow Ghanaians shall be visiting the polls to elect into office the President of the Republic and representatives of the people in the National Assembly.
As a patriotic citizen of this country, I will vote on issues such as the;
1. Free SHS (FSHS) which has gone far to increase the literacy rate of my village Nkwanta-Akrofrom and given hope to many of the children who for the policy would never had had the opportunity to enter the senior high school.
2. 1 District 1 Factory (1D1F) initiative which has brought five (5) factories (ongoing projects) to my district Afigya Kwabre South, hopefully to bring massive employment to my fellow youth who were once helpless and felt hopeless in life.
3. Financial sector cleanup which has solidly strengthened the national banking sector for savings and investments and given my grandmother Akosua Konadu the firm trust to save in the Kwabre Area Rural Bank.
4. 1 Village 1 Dam (1V1D) initiative which has given the farmer in Liplime in the Upper West Region an opportunity to do an all year farming without worrying about an end of the rainy season.
5. 1 District 1 Warehouse (1D1W) initiative which has helped stored excess food arising from the thoughtful planting for food and jobs initiative. Today, there’s a relatively improved storage system for food crops which years ago, would have gone rotten by the roadside as a result of the lack of storage systems for these raw food products.
6. 1 Constituency 1 Ambulance (1C1A) which has helped improved our emergency health delivery in my district.
7. Medical drones used in the emergency delivery of medical items such as blood. Indeed, on several occasions, Aboabogya Health Center in my district Afigya Kwabre South has seen the crucial intervention of these medical drones in its medical delivery, an experience my people never had and would never had had if not for the NPP and President Akufo-Addo in government.
8. NABCO program which despite the freeze on public sector employment due to the IMF conditionality gave me another opportunity to teach in the Presbyterian JHS in Odumasi in the Asante Akim Central Municipal thus after my national service in 2018 whilst awaiting a permanent employment in the public sector. For me, having been temporarily enrolled onto the NABCO program and receiving a Ghc700 monthly stipend is far better than being at home without any hopes of employment and or receiving any allowances.
9. better handling of the COVID-19 pandemic which would have killed millions of Ghanaians if the NDC was in government. At least, we have the example of the cholera outbreak and the over 200 deaths recorded in the Greater Accra region during the John Mahama era to guide us all.
10. Decentralization of the Scholarship Scheme to all districts which has offered my little sister Randeline Amankwa an opportunity to access the scholarship scheme in Afigya Kwabre South without going to Accra.
Having listed these few items above, I draw attention of all well meaning Ghanaians that none of these could have been possible if not for the timely intervention of President Akufo-Addo.
For me, my mind is made up to vote for the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and its presidential candidate Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo. I shall also vote for the NPP’s parliamentary candidate for the Afigya Kwabre South Constituency Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo. I encourage fellow Ghanaians to remember the good works of the NPP come December 7, 2020.
Member, CTI-Middle Belt