THE HEAD OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT SERVICE, DR. ING. NANA ATO ARTHUR ATTENDED WORLD URBAN FORUM 10, @ ABU DHABI
The Head of Local Government Service, Dr. Ing. Nana Ato Arthur, left Ghana on 7th February, 2020, to attend the tenth World Urban Forum being held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, (UAE).
The tenth World Urban Forum (WUF10), was organised under the auspices of UN-Habitat. It was under the theme: Cities of Opportunities: Connecting Culture and Innovation.
The programme was jointly organized with the Abu Dhabi Department of Urban Planning and Municipalities, along with partners including the Abu Dhabi Department of Culture and Tourism.
The WUF10 delegation from Ghana was led by Minister of Local Government and Rural Development, Hon. Hajia Alima Mahama, and it included Ing. Dr. Nana Ato Arthur, Head of Loc. Govt Service, Hon. Ishmael Ashitey, Greater Accra Regional Minister, Hon. Adjei Boateng, Hon. Ahomka Lindsay, Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry, H. E Ahmed Ramadan, Ambassador to UAE, and a number of Mayors from Ghana.
The key issues that were addressed at the programme were as follows;
1. Building Human and Social Capital to build a sustainable Urban future, with a special focus on youth and Women.
2. Innovative financing mechanisms for sustainable cities.
3. Innovative Urban solutions in housing, mobility, planning and governance.
4. Technology and data as enablers for sustainable cities.
5. The impact of migration on cities.
Dr. Ing. Nana Ato Arthur, facilitated the session on Decentralization and Local Government at the World Urban Forum 10 on 12th February, 2020.
The programme is expected to to end on 13th February, 2020.