STAUNCH QUEENS’ RESPONSE TO FALSE ALLEGATIONS OF USING HELICOPTER TO MARK ITS FIRST ANNIVERSARY
My attention has been drawn to some false and irresponsible statements made by fanatics of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) on social media, specifically Facebook.
In those fabricated falsehoods, the impression was created that, during the First Anniversary and the Launch of Staunch Queens in Kumasi, I boarded and flew Helicopter across Kumasi township and that I was able to do so because I’m supposedly “warming the beds” of party bigwigs.
For the avoidance of doubts, I would like to state:
1. That I never boarded any helicopter prior to or during or after the event as being suggested by my detractors.
2. That the allegations being made against me is not only false but calculated and fabricated attempt to discourage myself and many others.
3. That I am not oblivious of the old-fashioned grand scheme by the NDC to employ insults, sexism and fabricated immorality allegations to demonize and demoralize hard working young females associated with the NPP.
4. That falsely accusing me of sleeping with bigwigs of the party will not discourage me from mobilizing energetic and determined young ladies to campaign assiduously in order to secure additional four year mandate for H.E. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
5. Ghana has made inroads in deepening women participation in politics, through the many affirmative action policies adopted and implemented by political parties, as evident in the number of women manning high political offices and government positions in the country.
6. In order sustain this enviable height and improve upon same, actions of political players that have the potential of eroding the gains made must be forcefully condemned and discouraged by all well meaning Ghanaians.
7. Therefore, I call on all well meaning Ghanaians to condemn this kind of irresponsible, uncultured and reckless utterances against me.
(National President, Staunch Queens)