Trobu Constituency Accra
The General Secretary
National Executive Committee (NEC)
PETITION AGAINST RECOMMENDATION OF GREATER ACCRA PARLIAMENTARY VETTING COMMITTEE IN THEC ASE OF EDWARD ADDO
We are presentative of NPP in the Trobu Constituency.
For ease of reference we have attached some of the contributions made by Mr. Addo in the party in the constituency for your perusal.
1. 2005 – contested as Constituency Chairman, but lost (when it was Tro-bu-Amasaman Constituency)
2. 2009 – contested as Constituency Chairman Tro-bu-Amasaman, but finally stepped down for Nana Yaw Gyapong, (Former Constituency Chairman)
3. 2011 – contested Parliamentary Primaries but lost when it was Tro-bu-Amasaman Constituency (see attached Ex.2)
4. 2015- contested the then newly created Tro-bu Constituency Parliamentary Primaries, but lost (see attached for Receipts Ex. 3)
5. 2012 – donated an amount of One Hundred(C100.00) Cedis towards transportation of constituents from Accra to Kumasi for a prayer session (see attached receipt Ex. 4)
6. 2020- have filed, nominations to contest Tro-bu Constituency Parliamentary Primaries (waiting for official receipts and outcome)
7. 2008 – donated an amount of One Hundred (C100.00) cedis towards the campaign activities of presidential and parliamentary elections – ( see attached for receipt Ex. 5 )
8. 2014 – donated an amount of Five Hundred (C500) cedis towards fundraising for party activities – (see attached for receipts Ex. 6) – Trobu Constituency.
9. 2016 – donated an amount of Five Hundred (C500) cedis in support of campaign activities to the Parliamentary Candidate towards the 2016 Parliamentary & Presidential election – to candidate Thomas Mbomba – Tatale Sanguli Constituency (see attached Ex.7 )
10. 2016 – donated an amount of Five Hundred (C500) cedis for the payment of the office administration for two months – for Amasaman Constituency (see attached for receipts Ex.8)
11. 2016- donated assorted food items worth Nine Thousand Four Hundred and Fifty Cedis (C9,450) to Amasaman Constituency 2016 election (see attached Ex.9)
NB// Recall, the Mantra then was “adopt a polling station” but I adopted a whole constituency – Amasaman (see attached for receipts Ex. 10)
12. 2017 – donated cash amount of Five Hundred Cedis (C500) as sponsorship for trip to the Network of Constituency Chairmen of Greater Accra region, to attend the late Bridget Kyeremanteng-Darko’s Funeral in the Ashanti Region – (see attached Ex. 11)
13. 2016 – donated Assorted food items to Tro-bu constituency towards both the Presidential and Parliamentary election worth Nine Thousand Seven Hundred and Fifty cedis (C9,750). (see attached for details Ex. 12)
NB// Recall, the Mantra then was “adopt a polling station” but I adopted a whole Constituency – Tro-bu
14. 2016 – donated office furniture to Tro-bu Constituency office worth Eight Hundred cedis (C800)
15. 2016 – donated towards organizing Constituency General Meetings – Conservative Figure – One Thousand (C1000) cedis
16. 2016 contributed towards constituency fund raising activities – Five Hundred (C500) cedis
17. 2016 donated Assorted items to the constituency Women’s Wing worth over Three Thousand (C3000) cedis
18. 2012 – December (Christmas season) – Tro-bu Constituency
Donated assorted beverages and gift items worth over Forty –Five (45,000) cedis only, to each and every polling station executive, coordinator, party executive and other party activists – over Eight Hundred (800), beneficiaries
19. 2013 – December (Christmas season) – Tro-bu Constituency
Same as in above over Nine Hundred (900) beneficiaries worth over Fifty Two Thousand (C52, 000) cedis
20. 2015 – December ( Christmas season) – Tro-bu Constituency
Same as in year 2014 above
21. 2016 – Victory Party (Election 2016) – donated to Tro-bu Constituency 25 crates of Club Beer (large size) worth One Thousand One Hundred and Twenty –Five (C1, 125) cedis only. Just to mention a few.(see attached for detail (s) Ex. 13)
Indeed if after all these contributions and investments, the party has disqualified him for no apparent reason, then it sends bad signal to others who might be willing to support and sacrifice for the party.
We trust that the NEC is capable of reviewing the unmeritorious decision of the vetting committee to maximize our votes in both the Parliamentary and Presidential elections.
Yours faithfully, Signed. See attached Cc:
The Hon. Chief of Staff- Jubilee House
The Chairman, Appeals Committee- NPP
Trobu Constituency Accra