Match organiser uncertain over status of Hearts-Kotoko London clash, game could be played

0
95

Match organisers are uncertain over the status of the Hearts-Kotoko game to be played in London following the outbreak of coronavirus but insists the game could still take place because the two sides have long visas, Ghanasoccernet.com can exclusively report.

According to a close source they will not risk the lives of people attending the match but rejected reports that the match had been outrightly cancelled insisting the claims were ‘speculative’.

The game has been postponed because of orders from the English FA to stop all football matches.

Widespread reports in the Ghanaian media on Saturday morning claimed that the historic Independence anniversary celebration match has been canceled because of the order.

Citing the suspension of all football matches England because of the spread of the deadly Coronavirus, the reports said the match between the two Ghanaian giants wont take place.

The game was scheduled to be played on April 11 however, our sources disclosed to GHANASoccernet.com that the game could be postponed but could still be played in the fast-changing nature of health emergency that has ravaged the world of sport.

“Clearly the report is speculative. But unfortunately the present situation with the postponement of football in the UK most likely means that the game will also have to be postponed. Our health matters most in all things,” he told GHANASoccernet.com.

“On the bright side both teams already have six months visas, so there is room to postpone. We will come out with a definite statement shortly,” he added.

Football activities have been cancelled in the UK following the outbreak of the corovirus.

Copy

Leave a Reply