KOMENDA SUGAR FACTORY WAS NEVER COMPLETED, NDC EVEN SQUANDERED MONEY MEANT FOR ROAD NETWORK FOR THE FACTORY
KOMENDA SUGAR FACTORY WAS NEVER COMPLETED, NDC SQUANDERED AND WASTED FUNDS MEANT FOR THE FACTORY
As we are about to enter the last face of the 2020 election, it is important that, we remind ourselves of how incompetent and wicked the NDC was in relation to the setting up of the Komenda Sugar Factory. I happen to chance on the evaluation report done by PWC on the factory, as far back as 10th October, 2017. The report detailed all the issues surrounding the factory and comes with recommendations going forward. It is interesting to note that, the NDC just wasted the tax payers’ money on this unplanned factory just to win votes at a place they already win.
But this did not shock me at all, because it has been the shameful character of the NDC to disregard and take for granted, constituencies that votes for them, including the good people of Komenda. I would want to ask John Mahama and the NDC these simple questions;
1. What is the Total Cost of the Komenda Sugar Factory? I ask because, a $35m factory cannot cost $12m just a year after. And even that one, this $35m couldn’t complete the factory. So what is the actual total cost of the Komenda Sugar factory?
2. The Ghana Exim Bank in 2016, gave the NDC government, led by John Mahama about Ghc3m plus to construct an access road to the factory. This road was never awarded but the money was not even
accounted for, so I ask, Where is that money? That particular road is under construction courtesy H.E Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo Addo
3. The factory was not completed and hence it couldn’t have produced sugar, so where did they get their sugar they claimed they produced from? Especially when the sugar cannot be produced in factory where the Laboratory and the quality control sections were not completed. So where did they produced that sugar from? We all know they went to buy some sugar somewhere to deceive the good people of Komenda and Ghanaians in general.
4. The evaluation report did not capture a test run report, so I ask, what test did they do at the factory? And why was the factory closed down just after testing it for some three months?
5. Lastly, am asking John Mahama where is the remaining $23m from the total $35m for the factory? We know that the factory cost $12m after the evaluation, meaning, the remaining $23m has gone into people’s pocket. So where is the money?
These are some of the many questions that is bordering Ghanaians on the incompetence and gargantuan corruption displayed by the setting up of the Komenda Sugar Factory.
I will therefore urge Ghanaians to ignore the John Mahama and the NDC and focus their attention on the good works of H.E Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo Addo and renew his mandate come 7th December. I know for sure that, after this election, some people will go to jail for causing financial loss in respect to the establishment of the Komenda Sugar factory.
May God bless us all
Dep. Tescon Coordinator (Ashanti Region)