Kevin-Prince Boateng wants to leave Turkey for Ghana over Coronavirus

0
106

Former Ghana international player, Kevin Prince Boateng is planning to leave Turkey for Ghana over Coronavirus concerns according to an exclusive report by Ghanasoccernet.com.

The Besiktas forward is reported to have had a private meeting with the leaders of his Club to have him leave the country for Germany but they’re reluctant in granting his request since the Coronavirus is even more serious there.

The 33-year-old player then proposed Ghana but again the Basiktas are dragging their feet to grant this too.

The club said the decision to leave for Ghana could also pose some risk for the former AC Milan star after the West African nation recorded 16 cases of COVID-19.

Turkey’s youth and sports minister Mehmet Kasapoglu announced the suspension of sporting events in the country on Thursday amid the scare of the rampaging virus.

Turkey has so far reported 191 positive virus cases with two deaths.

Footballers in the country, especially foreign nationals are desperate to run for cover as the epidemic continues to wreak havoc globally.

The Black and Whites issued a statement on the situation urging fans to remain calm.

“This virus has spread to almost every part of the world. The World Health Organization said this was a global epidemic. Where will you go, even if you want to take leave? The flights are currently stopped. Turkey also one of the most reliable country for the moment on this issue. Our state is taking the necessary measures. Nobody panic. Not only you, other players, other teams and we are also worried. We must be calm first. ”

 

Leave a Reply