IF YOUR MP IS NOT SOCIALLY ACTIVATED AND PRESENT, ACCESSIBLE VOTE HIM/HER OUT
Being an NPP MP in Ghana has never been this easy as we have under H.E Nana Akufo-Addo. It’s extremely easy to be an MP as the President has put in place structures and mechanisms to provide all the basic things the constituents used to bother MPs with in previous times.
1. One Million Dollar One Constituency is by default providing infrastructure such as toilets, schools, markets, libraries etc in the constituency without sweat. NO MP LOBBIES the president for these projects. The president has made available $1,000,000 for every constituency.
2. GETFUND EMERGENCY PROJECTS are going on in all SHS accross the constituency by providing, Dormitory Blocks, Classroom Blocks, beds , desks etc. NO MP LOBBIES for these projects. The Ministry of Education through GES has done their needs assessment and provides these projects for the schools with the objective of ultimately ending Double Track
3. One District One Factory is being championed by the President and providing Factories accross the country. A while Secretariat is working on this and making it happen. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
4. One Villag One Dam is providing irrigation systems for our farming communities up North. A whole Ministry is working hard and making this happen. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
5. District Assemblies Common Fund and District Development Fund are releases on time and well which is seeing lots of infrastructure being put up by our MMDAs within their jurisdiction. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
6. Scholarships have been decentralized seeing lots of locals in our constituency benefiting for the first time frm Government scholarships. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
7. Persons With Disability finds have been increased by the President and for the first time in our history, our brother with Disabilities are being set up in profitable ventures. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
8. MPs common fund are being released to assist MPs undertake their own prefered Projects. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
9. NABCO has been introduced by the President to provide jobs for at least 350 from every constituency. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
10. Forestry Commission has recruited at least 300 young People and working fully. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
11. Planting for Food and Jobs has made Farming sexy and gotten millions of Ghanaians into farming and farmers happy. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
12. Planting for Export and Rural Development has increased the economic prospects of agriculture in our districts. Farmers and land owners are getting free seedlings and developing new cash crops across the country in every constituency. No MP Lobbies for this it’s a central Government program.
Now, if you read closely, you would realise the President has already done all he needs to do to win his own elections in the various constituencies as well as make every MP win without sweat.
This means that, MPs performance are now being on a different and more easier indicator than it used to be.
Constituents now expect the MPs to;
1. SOCIALISE be more empathetic towards them and their welfare. Be with them, engage them and support them as much as you can in their social needs.
2. Respect be more respectful in dealing with them. Respect for their traditional rulers and community leaders
3. Provide them with more social intervention initiatives which wld help empower them economically.
4. Be more Present in the constituency and take part in cultural, traditional and social activities.
5. Be accessible and make your ears available for the people to pour out their concerns to you.
Now, isn’t this so easy now to do so you can remain in office and be their Member or Parliament.
Any MP who’s struggling in this primaries and has difficulties cos he failed to do these simple social things to remain in office is incompetent and must be kicked out by the party. Such an MP is a big disappointment to the President and the party and does not deserve to remain in office. More socially activated and accessible MPs are what the President needs at this time to keep NPP in office for 2020 and beyond.
Delegates should do the party, government and constituencies a favour by voting against all MPs who were not there for the people but only runs to ride on central government achievements. These achievements are happening in every constituency with or without NPP MPs and that cannot be an achievement by such MPs as they are incompetent.