HON FRANK ANNOH-DOMPREH MP NSAWAM ADOAGYIRI, CHAIRMAN OF PARLIAMENTARY SELECT COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN AFFAIRS WRITES,
H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has made significant progress in the renewable energy sector. In response to my question on renewable energy investment for the past year, the Hon. Minister mentioned the following:
1. Price/KWh of contracts were reduced from an average of 19c/KWh to 12c/KWh.
2. Further engagement with scheduled PPAs will ultimately push it to below 10c/KWh
3. Reviewed PPAs to rationalise excess capacity from 2,265MW to 515 MW which could be accommodated within the network.
4. Development of a Renewable Energy Master Plan to guide future capacity and investment.
5. Provided for competitive bidding of Renewable Energy projects with focus on Utility Scale Solar power plants.
6. Facilitated the construction of first phase of 17MW Solar Park by VRA in the Upper West Region at a cost of $25.M. Work is about 40% complete.
7. Construction of the Pwalugu Multipurpose hybri