Health Sector: These Are The Achievements Of Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo, MP For Afigya Kwabre South Constituency.
By Reindolf Amankwa
In my two recently published articles, I highlighted some of the milestone achievements of the Member of Parliament and NPP’s Parliamentary Candidate for the Afigya Kwabre South Constituency, Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo.
The first emphasized his unarguable role in curbing the DUM-SOR menace which killed many businesses and rendered many hopeless in Ghana. It should not be forgotten that Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo is the Deputy Minister of Energy in charge of Power. Therefore, his technical expertise as an Energy Consultant is what was tapped into in an attempt to curbing the cancerous DUM-SOR.
The second, reechoed his achievements in the Education sector in the constituency. By this, projects and programs executed over the last almost four years by the Hon. MP/PC were outlined to advance the call for support ahead of the 2020 elections.
Having considered the foregoing, we take turn to identify some of Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo’s achievements in the Health sector. Here again, we give maximum credence and appreciation to the Hon. DCE Christian Adu-Poku, the District Assembly and above all members of the constituency for their continued support rendered over the years to Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo.
The achievements are outlined below;
1. Annual supply of health equipment to hospitals and health centers in the constituency. So far, more than 20 health facilities have benefited from this kind gesture.
2. Construction of a hospital block at Afrancho hospital.
3. Donated an X-Ray machine to Ankaase hospital to support healthcare delivery. Cost of X-Ray estimated at about Ghc2.5million.
4. Construction of a 1No.3 storey building at Atimatim hospital with Maternity block.
5. Provision of 2 additional ambulances to suffice the 1 Constituency 1 Ambulance already provided by President Akufo-Addo and the NPP government.
6. Construction of a Health Director’s Bungalow at Kodie to provide accommodation for the district health director.
7. Ongoing construction of a Health center at Wioso-Petrensa at Buoho.
The above, coupled with the numerous projects and programs undertaken in other sectors of the economy by Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo with strong backing from Hon. Christian Adu-Poku (DCE, Afigya Kwabre South) and the President Akufo-Addo led NPP government, we continue to seek your support for another term to deliver more.
We haven’t gotten to a point of excellence but we believe that gradually we shall chalk greater successes together. Your vote for Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo is what will lead us to these successes.
Member, NPP Research Team
(Afigya Kwabre South Constituency)