GHANA IN RETROSPECT:SAD STORY TO TELL NOW
Thirty (30) years ago we had the following:
1. Ghana had 2 factories which were producing SUGAR at Asutuari in E/R and Komenda in C/R
2. Ghana had a factory which was producing CAR TYRES at Bonsa in W/R
3. Ghana had a factory which was producing CORNED BEEF in Bolgatanga.
4. Ghana was producing TOMATO PASTE in Pwalugu and Navarongo
5. Ghana had factories producing CLOTHES in Akosombo, Juapong and Tema(5) among others
6. Ghana was producing MATCHES in Kade.
7. Ghana was producing DDT in Abuakwa in Kumasi
8. Ghana had a JUTE factory in Kumasi, producing Sacs for Cocoa.
9.Ghana was Assembling RADIO, TV and FRIDGE by Akasanoma and Sanyo.
10. Ghana was producing JAM and FRUIT DRINKS at Nsawam Cannery in Nsawam.
11. Ghana was producing CAR GLASS at Aboaso in W/R.
12. Ghana had a factory producing BREAKABLE PLATES, TILES, WCs and GLASSWARE in Salpond CERAMICS near the Mfantseman Girls School.
Ghana had Citrus Factories, Poultry factories, and the rest
Ghana had our own AIRCRAFT(DC 10) and SHIP(Black Star Line).
Remember that, I haven’t talked about Cocoa, Bauxite, Manganese, Timber, Gold, Diamond, Salt and Rich Land. Now, Ghana has discovered OIL in large and Commercial Quantities.
Before the bogus revolution many many Ghanaians were employed in:
a. Public Works Department (PWD)
b. State Construction Corporation (SCC)
c. State Housing Corporation (SHC)
d. A. E. S. C.
e. Ghana Food Distribution Corporation
f. Meat Marketing Board
g. Produce Buying Division (PBD)
11. Parks and Gardens
12. Omnibus Services Authority
Oh Lord, there were so many Jobs but today the story is a sad one to tell.The time towards revival is now.What went wrong .Was it leadership or it was the citizens. No blame game let’s all rise up. I stand to be corrected!!!!