AMMUSTED TESCON ELECTION PETITION 2021
THROUGH THE APPELLATE COMMITTEE CHAIRED BY THE NATIONAL YOUTH ORGANISER AND THE TESCON JUDICIAL BOARD OF JUSTICE
His Lordship, Justice Awal Ishaak Nuamah (presiding CJ)
In accordance with article 15, session 4B vi of the New Patriotic Party’s constitution, the National TESCON regulation and the TESCON elections guidelines, as directed by the National Youth Organiser in his press release on Wednesday, 17/03/2021 should be the basis and modalities for conducting all TESCON elections in the region.
PETITION FOR WRONGFUL DISQUALIFICATION OF BISMARK MENSAH BONSU AND MISREPRESENTATION OF A VETTING PANEL DUE TO CONTRADICTIONS TO THE ONE DIRECTED BY THE NATIONAL YOUTH ORGANISER
Bismark Mensah Bonsu
Presidential Aspirant for 2020/2021 Academic year
1st. The three-member vetting panel chaired by Nana Poku Owusu
2nd. Isaac Friko Asunke
Presidential Aspirant for 2020/2021 Academic year
Some members of AAMUSTED TESCON have followed the current issues pertaining to the association and have seen unfortunate and deliberate attempts to disqualified one aspirant that most TESCONIANS are calling for by name Bismark Mensah Bonsu.
We (concern members of the association) who believe in the supremacy of the party’s constitution and election guidelines Resolutions by the National Youth Organiser (NYO) finds it very difficult to accept the basis for the disqualification of the most popular aspirant and the misrepresentation of one vetting panel member which represents the Kwadaso MP’s rep does not conform to the one constituted by the NYO.
The petitioners state as follows;
(1)That, the basis of disqualifying Bismark Mensah Bonsu is purely an exercise of bias and interest in the election because the cause of disqualifying him as you told all the aspirants has been justified by the EC representatives chaired by Ms Nelly Asafo-Adjei that the question on the party’s first chair and organiser were equally wrongfully answered by his opponent in addition to the date for the formation of the party, whilst the disqualified aspirant got that question correctly, so why then do you deliberately disqualified only one person who is believed to be your target and threat for this election?
(2) That, the Kwadaso MP’s rep is a gross misrepresentation of the vetting panel as enshrined in the party’s constitution and the TESCON elections guidelines quoted above and as directed by the resolution given out by the National Youth Organiser (NYO). His presence as a vetting panellist means erroneous in capacity, and so the vetting should be rendered null and void.
(3) That, the erroneous panellist has no capacity or legal right to award marks to either of the aspirants to make them suit their interest in the election.
(4) That, the TESCON EC chair who by constitutional mandate is supposed to be the chairperson of the vetting committee was invited as a mere observer due to the directives by the National Youth Organiser and therefore, the EC body’s natural principles to the vetting described the act of disqualifying Bismark Mensah Bonsu as questionable and has made the EC chair publicly came out with a press release declaring the vetting results as not the true reflection of the exercise.
Therefore, your petitioners seek the Judicial Board and or the Appellate Committee for the following reliefs:
a) An order of mandatory injunction restraining all the aspirants to desist from any election campaigns and voting on the said date till the issue is resolved to normalcy. This mean there would be NO voting on Saturday, Failure to do so means calling for TESCON unrest!
b) Why do the election committee want us to go by electronic voting instead of our usual manual system?
Why do they want Isaac Friko Asunke to go unopposed? Because he was suddenly imposed on us by the same election Committee.
We (AMMUSTED TESCON) need a free fair and transparent electioneering processes.
c) An order of injunction restraining the election Committee and other misrepresented persons from carrying out any election related activities in the name AMMUSTED TESCON.
d) Allow the TESCON EC to continue with the process initiated already before the covid19 disrupt the process if the elections committee cannot be fair and transparent but working for their interest.
Petition dated on Wednesday, the 21st day of April 2021.
NATIONAL YOUTH ORGANISER
DEPUTY NATIONAL YOUTH ORGANISER
NATIONAL TESCON COORDINATOR
ALL DEPUTY NATIONAL TESCON COORDINATORS
TESCON JUDICIAL BOARD
DEAN OF STUDENTS AFFAIRS
OUTGOING TESCON PRESIDENT
MYND FM 105.1
1.Bismark Mensah Bonsu
TESCON Presidential Aspirant for 2020/2021 Academic year
2. John Yakubu, Communication officer aspirant for this election
3. Agnes Abrefi Atakora, Treasurer aspirant for this election
4 Doris Oteng Addo, Women’s Commission aspirant for this election
5. Emmanuella Tieku, General Secretary aspirant for this election
6. Bernice Oppong, Deputy General Secretary aspirant for this election
7. Yeboah Samuel, TESCON Member
8. Rockson Nteh, TESCON Member
9. Blessing Adutwum, TESCON Member
10. Abigail Birago Ntim, TESCON Member
And 20 others…
Council Attorney and Legal advisor to the petitioners before the Judicial Board:
P H Berko TEL: 0264185828