AKATSI NORTH EDUCATION DIRECTORATE HOLDS TRAINING WORKSHOP FOR COVID-19 SCHOOL TEAMS.
The AKATSI North Education Directorate in response to the presidential directives to train all the Educational Stakeholders on COVID-19 protocols has organized a One Day Trainer of Trainers workshop for:
1. 1st & 2nd Cycle heads
2. School Based Guidance & Counseling facilitators
2. School-Based SHEP Coordinators
3. Circuit Supervisors
5. Girls Education Officers etc. on Friday 3rd July 2020 @ Ave Dzadzepe Havi E.P. Chapel.
Opening the Occasion, the District Director of Education Madam Paulina Slyn Eworde commended her teachers and officers for their smart response to the ongoing limited RE-OPENING of schools. She disclosed that 374 BECE candidates representing 81% had so far reported.
She informed the general public that all her schools have been fumigated, received PPEs and other sanitary materials like Veronica Buckets, Alcohol- Based Hand Sanitizers, Liquid Soap and Tissues etc.
The Staunch educationist reminded the participants to be very attentive with the lessons in order to further train their colleague teachers, students and the community members on COVID-19 ettiquettes.
These stakeholders are also expected to monitor strict compliance with the guidelines among students and communities.
The training obejectives were outlined as follows:
1. Basic information on COVID-19, most especially preventive etiquettes
2. Guidelines and protocols for educational institutions
3. Roles and Responsibilities of stakeholders
4. Psychological support for students and other vulnerable citizens
5. Plan how to roll out similar training Workshop at school and community levels.
” Remember we are not in normal times. Take care and observe all the Protocols for a healthier life”
The DDE therefore, entreated each and every one to be very much involved , cooperate with the facilitators and endeavor to ask relevant and constructive questions in order to have in-depth knowledge and understanding on all issues.