Dear ladies and gentlemen of the media, My attention has been drawn to two separate press releases by one Jafaru Yakubu from Atebubu and a member of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) and Hon Asomah Cheremeh the Brong Ahafo regional Minister on the unfortunate and unwarranted attack on Mr Kwame Baffoe popularly known as Abrony3 DC in Atebubu at the Atebubu-Amantin DCE’s house on Saturday,13th January 2018.
As Atebubu Zongo Chief and a Muslim, I wish to state as follows:
1. That the said Jafaru Yakubu and others who were involved in that dastardly act are known political Activists belonging to the ruling NPP and do not represent the Muslim community in Atebubu in any capacity.
2. That the said meeting where Abrony3 was attacked was a party meeting which took place at the DCE’s house with some NPP Constituency Executives present, so the claim that Abrony3 was attacked because he has insulted or accused the B/A regional Chief Imam cannot be supported with any bases or facts.
3. Our checks revealed that, Abrony3 DC has toured the whole region including Sunyani and Wenchi where the regional Chief Imam has a lot of relatives and love ones but no body touched him for accusing the regional Chief Imam of any wrong doing, so why should he be beaten in Atebubu? Is Atebubu the only community in Brong Ahafo region that has Muslims.
4. The Muslim community in Atebubu Zongo are peace loving people who respect the law and we know what the law says when it comes to issues like false accusation and insults and therefore will not encourage such lawlessness as a way of revenge.
5. We are not even aware of any problem that exist between the regional Chief Imam and Abrony3 DC but everybody is aware of the friction between the regional Minister and Abrony3 DC.
6. On be half of the Muslim community in Atebubu Zongo and it’s environs we wish to disassociate ourselves from from such brutality meted on the regional Youth Organizer of NPP, Abrony3 DC when he visited Atebubu last Saturday.
7. Lastly I want to state emphatically that, what happened to Abrony3 DC was purely political since it happened at a political party meeting with only party members invited and has nothing to do with Muslims in Atebubu, we want to therefore register our displeasure about the two statements coming from Jafaru Yakubu and the Brong Ahafo regional Minister Hon Asomah Cheremeh which sort to tarnished the image of Muslims in Atebubu and Zongo in particular.
In conclusion I want to say that the Muslims in Atebubu Zongo are peaceful and law abiding and so we condemn the attack on Abrony3 DC in no uncertain terms and any attempt by any individual or group to bring our image into disrepute will be resisted at all cost.
Maimartaba Umar Dufailu Osman
( Atebubu Zongo Chief)