- Tottenham are putting Nathan Ake top of their list for a new centre-half – as Spurs pave the way for life beyond Jan Vertonghen.
- Manchester United face the prospect of missing out on Matthijs De Ligt to rivals Manchester City.
- Manchester United and Arsenal are set to miss out on Nicolas Pepe as Bayern Munich plot a January raid for the Lille attacker.
- Leicester midfielder James Maddison will land a £250,000 windfall from Norwich with his first England cap.
- Everton are considering a move for former Arsenal and Manchester City star Samir Nasri.
- Paul Gascoigne’s induction into Scottish Football Hall of Fame has been scrapped after a planned boycott from SFA board members.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is being lined up for a sensational return to Old Trafford to link up with Jose Mourinho.
- Aaron Ramsey could move to AC Milan with Ivan Gazidis reportedly ready to offer the Arsenal midfielder as a welcome gift to his new employers.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has warned his title rivals that he has no intention of finishing second best this season.
- Howard Wilkinson launched a passionate defence of the controversial plan to sell Wembley yesterday claiming it is crucial for the future of the game.
- Tottenham are finally gearing up for the opening of their new stadium after supporters were told their access cards and membership packs are being sent out.
- Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has criticised UEFA’s attempts to close the gap between top and lower-tier clubs, saying Europe’s heavyweights should not be “dumbed down” to join “the great unwashed”.