- Jose Mourinho is resigned to his fate at Manchester United – after getting a call from Zinedine Zidane.
- Pep Guardiola has warned Leroy Sane not to lose his focus again or he will be axed.
- Newcastle are eyeing a January swoop for Italian defender Francesco Vicari.
- Alexis Sanchez has been left fuming after being axed by Jose Mourinho and his future at Manchester United is in serious doubt.
- Gareth Southgate thinks West Ham’s Declan Rice wants to play for England ahead of the Republic of Ireland.
- Aaron Ramsey has joined the Team Europe Ryder Cup celebrations with former Arsenal team-mate Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
- Lionel Messi should retire from international football, according to Argentina legend Diego Maradona.
- Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly turned down Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain before moving to Juventus in the summer.
- Mike Ashley will take Rafa Benitez and his winless Newcastle team out for dinner this week in an effort to build relationships after a turbulent start to the season.
- Virgil van Dijk has insisted Liverpool’s players can cope with manager Jurgen Klopp’s ruthless squad rotation, admitting the only alternative would be to leave the club.
- Cesar Azpilicueta is hoping to be named as Chelsea’s permanent captain by head coach Maurizio Sarri this week.
- Jose Mourinho has finally lost patience with misfiring striker Alexis Sanchez and will ship him out of Old Trafford as soon as he finds a buyer.
- Manchester City are in no rush to sign-off on a new contract for Phil Foden, according to club insiders.