Paper Talk Regional
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United have shelved plans to open contract talks with Paul Pogba, according to reports.
- Jorginho had an agreement in place to join Manchester City before Chelsea hijacked the midfielder’s move from Napoli, according to the player’s agent.
- Manchester City will face stern competition for the signature of Ajax prospect Frenkie de Jong, according to reports in Spain.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Fulham youngster Harvey Elliott is on the radar of Barcelona and Chelsea after his sparkling performances in youth football.
- Ilkay Gundogan admitted he felt tense playing again for Germany on Thursday when he was booed by a section of his own supporters.
- Per Mertesacker has reiterated his relief at rarely being selected to play during his final season at Arsenal.
- Liverpool have no interest in signing Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot.
- Liverpool new boy Fabinho insists he is ready to make his long-awaited competitive debut for the Reds.
- Micky Mellon has played down talk of James Norwood leaving Tranmere.
- A candidate in Sporting Lisbon’s presidential elections has reiterated that Adrien Silva was willing to return to the Portuguese club if a deal could be struck with Leicester in January.
- Sean Dyche admits it “could be a few years” before Burnley’s European scouting network is at the level required to start signing recruits from the continent.
- Mathew Ryan reckons Brighton are just like the All Blacks when it comes to recruiting players.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Leeds United players Oriol Rey, Alex Machuca, Adrian Balboa and Oliver Sarkic could all be offloaded permanently, the club’s owner Andrea Radrizzani’s has hinted.
- Derby County reportedly tried to sign Chelsea’s Welsh wonderkid Ethan Ampadu during the summer transfer window.
- Tomas Kalas has revealed he would have been keen on a return to Middlesbrough in the summer.
NORWICH EVENING NEWS
- Leicester midfielder James Maddison has thanked Norwich fans for a special reception on his return to Carrow Road in England U21s goalless European Championship qualifying stalemate against Holland.