Sports Paper Talk National Regional
- Manchester United are set to complete a £60m move for Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld in the next 48 hours.
- Chelsea are in pole position to sign £75m-rated Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha after Tottenham dropped their interest.
- Portugal football chiefs are keeping an eye on Jose Mourinho’s situation at Manchester United and would love to make him national team manager in the future.
- Manchester United will launch a last-ditch bid to sign Willian from Chelsea, who is Jose Mourinho’s top summer target.
- Tammy Abraham has had his chances of leaving Chelsea on loan blocked by Maurizio Sarri, as he is not convinced by Olivier Giroud or Michy Batshuayi.
- Jose Mourinho is in “panic mode” five days before the transfer window closes after Manchester United’s £35m deal for Barcelona defender Yerry Mina collapsed.
- West Ham are looking to beat Chelsea to the signing of former Shakhtar Donetsk winger Bernard after the free agent dropped his wage demands.
- Inter Milan have failed in a move to sign Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele.
- Benfica have joined the list of teams across Europe interested in a loan deal to sign Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian.
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek has been told by Maurizio Sarri that he is part of his plans and will get game-time at Chelsea this season.
- Jose Mourinho is not giving up hopes of signing Leicester and England centre-back Harry Maguire, who has been priced up at £80m by his club.
- Chelsea are ready to pip Liverpool to the £35m signing of Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey before Thursday’s deadline.
- Agent Mino Raiola will have talks with Manchester United this week over the future of midfielder Paul Pogba, with Barcelona among the teams hovering with interest.
- Chelsea will hold talks with Eden Hazard over his future on Monday, with a £300,000-a-week contract on the table when he returns from a post-World Cup holiday.
- Jose Mourinho’s awkward tunnel meeting with Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward last week was their first for more than a fortnight.
- Tottenham have been told they will have to pay a premium price to sign Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish.
- Celtic are leaving the door open for Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts to head north for a third loan spell.