Paper Talk Regional
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United want to make Gareth Bale the next Galactico to leave Real Madrid. Jose Mourinho and Ed Woodward believe the Welshman is the perfect addition to United’s attack and prioritised a move for him ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, who joined Juventus in a £88million deal this week.
- Jose Mourinho is interested in signing Croatia World Cup star Ante Rebic, according to reports.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis is keen to ensure Maurizio Sarri does not take any more of the Serie A club’s players with him to Chelsea, with midfielder Jorginho due to undergo a medical on Thursday.
- West Ham are closing in on the club record £40million signing of Brazilian midfield star Felipe Anderson from Lazio.
- Liverpool have no immediate plans to make a move for in-demand Roma goalkeeper Alisson Becker.
- Tyias Browning will seek another loan move from Everton this summer. The 24-year-old defender has returned to the Blues after spending last season with troubled Sunderland.
- Newcastle United are on the brink of losing out on Nice striker Alassane Plea after Borussia Monchengladbach held their nerve during negotiations for the 25-year-old striker.
- Rafa Benitez admits Mikel Merino’s imminent departure is a “pity” – but believes Newcastle United have signed a ready-made replacement in Ki Sung-yueng.
- Sunderland look set to complete the signing of Liverpool youngster Liam Millar.
- Sam Gallagher is on Aston Villa’s radar as Steve Bruce looks to utilise the loan market during the club’s time of trouble.
- Aston Villa will consider another loan swoop for Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe.
- Birmingham City’s goalkeeper hunt has seen them now made favourites for an incredible swoop to sign Joe Hart from Manchester City.
- West Brom are considering a move for Leeds United defender Pontus Jansson, it’s being claimed in the defender’s native Sweden.
- Joe Mason is set to return to Wolves after Colorado Rapids decided he no longer has a future at the club.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Roderick Miranda thanked Wolves for an ‘unforgettable’ season after sealing a loan move to Olympiakos.
- Leicester City’s search for a new winger has taken them to Italy and to former Tottenham Hotspur player Iago Falque, according to reports.
- Nottingham Forest could seal a deal for Benfica goalkeeper Bruno Varela “next week”, according to reports in Portugal.
- Former Nottingham Forest youngster Matt Bondswell has spoken of his delight following his move to RB Leipzig.
- Kevin Nolan has not ruled out making further additions to his Notts County squad, but admits it would have to be somebody special.
- Mason Mount is to be handed a new contract by Chelsea before being allowed out on loan to Derby County, according to a report.
- Celtic have failed with an improved offer for Hibernian midfielder John McGinn. Derby County have also been linked with a move for the 23-year-old.
- John Yems has fired a parting shot at Cherries after the club dispensed with his services as football operations manager.
- Southampton are looking to loan out Fraser Forster after completing the signing of promising young keeper Angus Gunn.
- Leeds United plan to resist any approaches for Kemar Roofe following claims that the forward’s former club West Bromwich Albion are considering bidding for him.
- Sheffield Wednesday could sign Basingstoke Town striker Sam Smart who is on trial with the Owls’ under-23 side this week.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Federico Fernandez says he is considering his future at Swansea City and admits he would welcome the chance to continue to play at the highest level following relegation from the Premier League.
- Brighton have confirmed Ales Mateju’s exit to Italian side Brescia.
- Steven Gerrard has thanked the Ibrox board for their backing in the transfer market as he looks to add more strength and depth to his Rangers ranks this summer.
- Hibs head coach Neil Lennon concedes that the uncertainty regarding the future of John McGinn is ‘unsettling’ for the player after Celtic saw a second bid for the Scotland internationalist rejected.