Sports Paper Talk Regional
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United could offer Luke Shaw a new contract amid their indecision over the left-back area.
- Manchester United have signed Class of ’92 star Phil Neville’s son from Spanish side Valencia.
- Juventus reportedly value left-back Alex Sandro at £52.8m, which could reignite Manchester United’s interest in the 28-year-old.
- Manchester City are struggling to put the finishing touches to a deal for Jorginho, according to reports in Italy.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Crystal Palace hope to sign Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan again next season.
- Hugo Lloris believes his Tottenham team-mate Christian Eriksen is good enough to play for any team in the world.
- Chelsea have made a £35m bid for Juventus defender Daniele Rugani and hope to make him Maurizio Sarri’s first signing as manager.
- Mateo Kovacic is unhappy with the amount of game time he has received at Real Madrid following his move from Inter Milan in 2015 and is keen to leave
- Toby Alderweireld has put discussions about his Tottenham future on hold until he returns from the World Cup with Belgium.
- Danny Ings will pursue a move away from Liverpool this summer.
- Divock Origi will get the opportunity to resurrect his Liverpool career in pre-season.
- Everton are interested in bringing Sweden and RB Leipzig winger Emil Forsberg to the Premier League.
- Real Sociedad are in the driving seat when it comes to signing Mikel Merino from Newcastle.
- Sunderland chairman Stewart Donald has revealed the club’s wage bill is more than £20million as they look to reduce costs ahead of a season in League One.
- Gabby Agbonlahor is reportedly attracting interest from other Championship clubs after leaving Aston Villa.
- Jack Grealish has issued a cryptic message to Aston Villa supporters as speculation intensifies surrounding his future.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- James McClean is closing in on a switch from West Brom to Championship rivals Stoke City.
- Gareth Barry turned up for West Brom’s first day of pre-season training on Monday after exercising the optional one-year extension in his contract.
- West Brom have stepped up their search for a technical director after easing control away from Giuliano Terraneo
- Liverpool have no interest in signing Clarets goalkeeper Nick Pope this summer.
- Aleksandar Dragovic is unlikely to be returning to Leicester City.
- Leicester City midfielder Vicente Iborra is being targeted by his former club Sevilla, according to reports.
- Middlesbrough defender Fabio is being pursued by Nottingham Forest.
- Nottingham Forest are reportedly set to sign West Ham United defender Sam Byram on a season-long loan.
- Peterborough United’s supposed £6m price tag has not deterred Norwich City as one of the clubs who are keen to sign striker Jack Marriott this summer.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Connor Hall has signed a new two-year contract with Bolton Wanderers.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- QPR have accepted a £4m offer from Cardiff City for Alex Smithies