KWAME BAFFOE ABRONYE WRITES RE: DANIEL ASEIDU CONFESSES “NPP CONTRACTED ME TO KILL JB DANQUAH. FACTS
1. After the news broke out and emanated that Hon. JB Danquah who was the member of parliament for the people of Abuakwa had been murdered by an unknown person at his residence at shiashie in Accra, COP Akuffo Dampare who was the then Greater Accra Regional commander of the Ghana police service lead a team of competent policemen and investigators to arrest one Daniel Aseidu otherwise known as Sexy Don Don who is known to be a prime suspect.
2. When he was arrested, the police found two mobile phones purporting to be owned by the deceased in the custody of the suspect ( Daniel Aseidu)
3. In the suspect’s preliminary statement which was taken by COP Akuffo Dampare, the suspect stated clearly that, he was contracted by a group of people to kill the deceased for a token of GhS 2,000. The suspect further went ahead to mention names which were not disclosed to the public domain. However, the names were alleged to be members of the then ruling party (NDC). Akuffo Dampare who was the officer in charge of that investigation made these findings known to the public in a press statement.
4. Just after COP made these findings known, the National Security on that faithful evening called for the docket and file of the accused person for further probe and investigations. As it has already been indicated, the names mentioned earlier by the accused implicated and indicted some leading members of the NDC.
5. After the National Security had taken over investigations from COP Dampare, they unduly pressured and pursued the accused to change and re – write his preliminary statement the next day to admit that he had gone to rob instead of the initial admission ofcontract killing.
6. The next day after which the National Security had succeeded in changing the statement of the suspect and the subject matter at hand, COP Akuffo Dampare was transferred from Accra to the central region the next day after National security had taken over the case from him. This action was executed at the command of the Former president Mahama. And same was done because Akuffo Dampare did not want to do a bias work as suggested by Mahama. At this point I would like to ask a few questions
1. Why did the national security take the case from COP Akuffo Dampare?
2. Why was Dampare transferred from Accra to Central Region after he informed the public on the findings of his arrest/ 3. Why did the NDC pursue Daniel Aseidu to change his preliminary statement which he delivered to COP Akuffo Dampare? NDC INTEREST IN 2018 1. It must be noted that NDC did not show any interest after the suspect was arrested in 2015. They rather took all measures to silence the case by taking over the case and subsequently transferring the investigator in charge. The NDC further instigated with the accused person to change his preliminary confession of the suspect from contract killing to robbery.
3. It is surprising that this same NDC that didn’t show any interest when the suspect was ready to mention names during their tenure in government. They manipulated the entire system and diverted the subject of investigation. 3. It is astonishing to know that, the NDC now believes in what the accused person is claiming. I’m surprised the general Secretary of the opposition party now believes in what Daniel Aseidu Said yesterday during the Court’s proceedings. However, this same Aseidu Nketiah told the good people of Ghana to disregard the statement of Dr. Asenfoforo when he accused the former president Mahaha of having a hand in the death of the former president Mills.
4. Furthermore, Aseidu Nketiah has not not been able to deny the allegations by the good people of Seikwa that he conspired with the death of Nana Ankoanah II. The chief of Seikwa.
5. Aseidu Nketiah also connived with the then National security coordinator to discontinue investigations into the death of the chief of Seikwa. The then coordinator for the National security maliciously mishandled the investigation process which is making the current government unable to trace the records. CONCLUSION It was a close relative to Daniel Aseidu (suspect) who on Monday during a visit adviced sexy Dondon to accuse the NPP of contracting him to kill the late MP. So that he can be released I would want to state emphatically clear to erase all ambiguity that, the suspect can go ahead and falsely accuse all NPP members of aiding in the murder but he must bear in mind that he will suffer the full anger of the laws. NPP is not ready to manipulate the investigations as the NDC did. We will make sure all perpetrators of this disgusting crime are brought to book.
Kwame Baffoe Abronye