INVESTIGATE ZYLOFON’S CONTRACT WITH GFA IMMEDIATELY—–CVM
The Concerned Voters Movement (CVM) is calling on the government of Ghana, the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) and all relevant investigative bodies, public or private to take a probe into the recent contract signed between the Ghana Football Association and Zylofon Cash as new sponsors of the Ghana Premier League (GPL)
The need for the investigation is to clear all the mystery and secrecy that has enveloped the sponsorship contract and also to unravel any hidden deals that may have gone on.
CVM has noted a curious attempt by the Chief Executive of Zylofon Cash, Nana Appiah Mensah, to publicly oppose and even ridicule government’s statement that it is taking steps to dissolve the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
CVM applauds Zylofon for the good attempt the company made at sponsoring the GPL but we are alarmed and have become very suspicious because of the attitude and public response of Nana Appiah Mensah after Tiger Eye blew an alarm on the corruption some leading officials of the GFA are involved in.
CVM would want to ask the following questions.
1. Why is a private investor in the GPL not supportive of government’s attempt to make the GPL corruption free?
2. Is Nana Appiah Mensah saying that he still stands by Mr. Kwesi Nyantaki as a partner even when the government and people of Ghana as well as world football bodies have all realized he should be investigated?
3. Apart from the sponsorship package, were there any other dealings between Nana Appiah Mensah and Mr. Nyantakyi?
4. Is it not strange that Zylofon refused to give out just GHC32,000 to support a charity programme organized by one of the company’s acts, Joyce Blessing and created some public embarrassment for the musician, but same company has absolutely no problem doling out millions of dollars to sponsor the GPL for free with no strings attached?
5. Why did Nana Appiah Mensah and Kwesi Nyantakyi both