Sports Paper Talk Regional
Paper Talk Regional
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Tottenham are ready to battle it out with rivals Chelsea for Newcastle defender Jamaal Lascelles.
- Arsenal are unlikely to pursue a deal for Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri as the club eye alternative options in central areas.
- Crystal Palace are interested in signing £12m-rated Marseille defender Hiroki Sakai.
- Marcus Edwards will look to secure a permanent move away from Tottenham this summer after failing to break into the first team.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Brazil superstar Neymar congratulated international team-mate Fred on his move to Manchester United as they train ahead of the World Cup.
- Sticking with Neymar, and Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has admitted he doesn’t see himself managing the Brazilian anytime soon. “I’m not going to go to PSG and he will not go to Manchester,” the City boss is quoted.
- Manchester City have seen a bid for Miralem Pjanic rejected.
- Mohamed Salah believes he is only just getting started at Liverpool as he aims for silverware next season.
- Newcastle defender Massadio Haidara will reportedly sign for Lens when his contract expires at the end of this month.
- Former Sunderland midfielder David Meyler has signed for Reading on a two-year contract – and John O’Shea is expected to join him.
- Jack Ross has expressed his interest in taking Celtic’s Lewis Morgan on loan for a second time this year – but he will have to wait until pre-season is underway for an answer.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Wolves have been linked with big money moves for Portuguese stars Joao Cancelo and Goncalo Guedes – with Benik Afobe set to leave for Stoke just days after his £10m return to Molineux.
- Darren Moore is looking forward to delving into the transfer market for the first time – and he has confidence in his contacts in the game.
- Stoke City are said to be planning an audacious £14m raid on Premier League Watford for striker Andre Gray.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Xherdan Shaqiri admitting he intends to leave Stoke City this summer will have piqued the interest of Saints boss Mark Hughes.
- Pontus Jansson has moved to quell talk of him seeking a move from Leeds United this summer by claiming quotes attributed to him were lost in translation.
- Abel Hernandez has promised to deliver “great news” shortly with Leeds locked in advanced talks about a deal to sign the Uruguayan striker.
- Frank Lampard would like to sign John Terry and make him Derby County captain – if Curtis Davies leaves the club this summer.
- Uwe Huenemeier believes Leon Balogun can make a swift transition from Bundesliga to the Premier League.
- Brighton are closing in on a deal with Rangers for defender Connor Goldson but insist they will get full value for the highly-regarded centre-back.
- Middlesbrough winger Mikael Soisalo could be heading for pastures new in the near future.
- Garry Monk is said to be keen on a reunion with Marvin Johnson and has made the Boro winger one of his Birmingham City transfer targets this summer.
- Sheffield United are believed to have held talks with a number of Premier League clubs, including FA Cup winners Chelsea, to explore the possibility of signing some of their players on loan next season.
- The Blades are understood to be bracing themselves for a fresh series of enquiries about David Brooks.
- Former Rangers winger Barrie McKay looks set to complete a move to deposed Greek champions Olympiacos this week.